This supplement’s ingredients were carefully selected to be vegan-friendly,
vegetarian-friendly, and suitable for diabetics. It is a gentle, high absorption
formulation, two months supply.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), iron deficiency is the most common and widespread nutritional disorder in the world. Iron deficiency is more prevalent in children under 6 years old and in women of childbearing age.
- Insufficient iron uptake is a global public health problem affecting around 20% of people in developed countries and up to 60% in some developing countries. This affects around a billion people to a greater or lesser extent.
- Iron deficiency can have consequences on human health such as an impaired cerebral and intellectual development, especially if the deficiency takes place during pregnancy, the perinatal period and early childhood.
- Iron is a fundamental element for normal development of the immune system.
- Iron is essential for the activation and proliferation of immune cells.
- Iron plays a role in both innate and adaptive immunity.
Because iron assists the body’s muscles in producing energy, endurance athletes need iron to maintain and sustain energy levels. Iron also helps deliver oxygen to the muscles. Therefore, maintaining optimal iron levels could enhance performance.
While pregnant, your blood volume increases by about 30-50%. Your needs for iron are increased because as the baby and mother thrive, our bodies use extra iron to create more blood to provide them with oxygen. When daily iron needs cannot be met through diet alone, iron supplements may be beneficial to support a healthy diet during pregnancy. Dietary iron requirements increase by 30mg during pregnancy.
In Ireland, 1 in 83 are genetically predisposed to “iron overload” or haemochromatosis. It is for this reason that we suggest that anybody looking to supplement their iron intake with a supplement should get an iron level test carried out. It is a simple test using a blood sample and can be arranged with your G.P.
Food supplements are not a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Also, you should not exceed the recommended daily supplement dose of iron without consulting your doctor.
Take 1 tablet daily, preferably with food or water, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
L-Ascorbic Acid, Anti-Caking Agents: Tricalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate (vegan); Rosehip Powder, Riboflavin.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
* Nutrient Reference Values
** NRV not established