This supplement’s ingredients were carefully selected to be vegan-friendly, vegetarian-friendly, and GMO-free. It is a high dose, two-month, supply.
- Vitamin D has been scientifically proven to contribute to the normal function of the immune system, providing vital assistance to your natural biological defences.
- Vitamin D assists the immune system by activating “killer” T cells. These are the cells that detect and destroy foreign pathogens such as viruses.
- Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses.
- Almost half the Irish population is deficient in vitamin D. The results of recent scientific studies indicate that coronavirus patients are four times less likely to require admission to ICU if they have normal levels of vitamin D.
- Vitamin D deficiency is linked to osteoporosis, rickets, and osteomalacia. There is growing evidence that low vitamin D levels contribute to a range of chronic diseases such as hypertension (high blood pressure), cardiovascular disease, type 1 diabetes, some inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and some forms of cancer.
- Vitamin D plays an essential role in supporting healthy and strong bones by helping your body absorb calcium and phosphorous. These are key minerals for bone health.
- Medical studies suggest that people who get enough vitamin D and calcium in their diets can slow bone mineral loss, help prevent osteoporosis, and reduce bone fractures.
- Vitamin D deficiency is reported to be a leading cause of muscle loss among older people.
- As little as 700-800 IU per day of vitamin D could prevent 35% of falls and 25% of all hip and non-vertebral fractures among older people.
- Research studies suggest that vitamin D supplementation may enhance muscle function and optimise muscle strength.
Take 1 capsule daily, preferably with food or water, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Bulking Agent: Acacia Fibre; Gelling Agent: Patented Complex of Xanthan Gum & Arabic Gum, Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol).
* Nutrient Reference Values